“And he that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:27).
There are five truths we need to learn from this verse:
1) God the Father and God the Spirit are deeply connected. In Genesis 1:1-2 we read: “In the beginning God created…and the Spirit of God moved…“. That’s how connected they are. They work together like a hand and glove.
2) God searches our hearts for what is within (Psalm 139:1 & 23); and the Spirit of God immediately knows what He has discovered about us.
3) The Spirit, Who resides within us, knows every secret thought and intercedes (prays) for us. Who can lose if God is for us?
4) The Spirit within intercedes for the saints. The Greek word translated ‘sanctify’ also can be translated ‘holy’. They both mean the same thing. If you are sanctified by the blood of Christ, you are holy in His eyes, and He then calls us ‘saints‘. You don’t have to die and be voted upon to be a saint in God’s eyes. Its the saints He intercedes for.
5) The Spirit prays “according to the will of God“, not according to your prayers or your faith, or your comfort, or your wishes. The Spirit of God is all about God working through you. He is the “Server” that connects your soul to the Higher Power.
Because of this intercessory prayer power on your behalf, it is imperative that you and I don’t throw careless monkey wrenches into what God is trying to accomplish in us. I’ve seen so many do that and void the breakthroughs just before they get there.
Surrender your stubborn will to God’s today and watch what the Spirit of God does in the next week. Trust Him.