Have you ever yearned for the good old days when things were simpler and seemed brighter? Remember what the Preacher declared in Ecclesiastes 7:10: “Do not say, ‘Why were the old days better then these?’ For it is not wise to ask such questions“.
Why is it not wise to ask that?
- Because those days are by-gone days; there are no current opportunities in them.
- Because these are the days God has placed us in and have opportunities in them.
- Because there is no fortune in looking backwards.
- Because those days only look better when we remove the problems that have since been solved.
- Because everything only seems to look clearer in the rear-view mirror.
Yesterday is the memory of those who lived yesterday. Tomorrow is the possibility of those who live today. These can be the good days if we make them such.