define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true); Pastor Ralph Diehl ยป Blog Archive » HYBRID INVESTMENT
Aug

HYBRID INVESTMENT

Posted by: pastordiehl   in Hot Potato Politics

Another hot potato issue I’d like to address came to light just yesterday. I went home for lunch and tuned in to CNN News while I ate. President Obama was on there giving a rousing speech in Elkhart, Indiana. He was announcing a government plan to award $2.4 billion dollars in grants to US companies to pioneer hybrid automobiles of a new generation. I got the impression this was as big a deal as John Kennedy’s challenge to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade (which we did). The President said he wanted us to lead the world rather than foreign countries leading us! Amen!

I salute the vision and the ideal. However, the plan is to stimulate the economy, not beat the Russians to the moon. Is it wise for us to invest $2.4 billion dollars in private business endeavors when there isn’t enough tax revenue coming in to pay our current debts, let alone this new huge one. I’ve decided not to participate in the recession, but the US economy is in one, whether we like it or not.

What’s your take on this major attempt to boost our struggling economy? Is this plan good or evil?

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 6th, 2009 at 8:00 am and is filed under Hot Potato Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments so far

Lee

Well since one foot is already in my mouth I’ll see if the other will go in too! After reading your article on hybrid investment it reminded me of what someone said today. They think we might have the dumbest president in the history of the United States, or he know exactly what he’s doing.

August 6th, 2009 at 7:22 pm
Lee

it should be knows, instead of know
(a typo)

August 6th, 2009 at 7:31 pm
John a very concerned American

I would like to say that President Obama is finally spending our hard earned tax dollars for something worth while. This event while it sounded great, especially to us Hoosiers. This was for one reason only. To take our attention away from his failing health care agenda. Does anyone else find it interesting that this president, in only six short months has had more air time than the last ten president put together?

The truth of the matter is our automotive companies have already spent billions of their own dollars to research ,develop and build these cars. The problem that few Americans know is that we already have the technologies for these vehicles in fact in some cases we have had it for years now. The only thing the automotive companies lack is a firm direction from our administration. This has been going on for years. What we need to understand is that to produce green or hybrid cars means that our infrastructure must also change. Gasoline stations must be retrofitted with hydrogen dispensing equipment, natural gas pumps, high capacity charging stations or whatever it might be to facilitate our ever mobile population.

Unfortunately if we take a close look at what’s really going on in Washington right now. We find that the Obama administration along with the far left leaders in the legislative branch are busy launching a campaign to discredit the working class people. Those few that are finally getting out and asking the important questions of this administrations agenda. It seems they are being labeled as a mob, and being planted by the insurance companies. It’s funny that they would bring up the exact tactics that they are famous for themselves, this is right out of their community organizer play book. I find it very disturbing that we have come to this. At a time when we should be finding ways to bring our country together, put it’s people back to work and turn our economy around. We find ourselves more divided. I guess only time will tell whether this announcement will be deemed good or evil.

August 6th, 2009 at 8:43 pm
Don France

I have to wonder where all this money from to get take over the auto industry, pour money into the financial industry, the hybrid cars….and we can’t forget about health care. It’s pretty scary actually.

August 6th, 2009 at 8:47 pm
Char Kincaid

In order to stimulate the economy, people actually have to BUY products. Have you looked at the sticker prices on hybrid cars and SUV’s?? And, the gas mileage is not all that much better than regular gasoline vehicles.

As far as good or evil… I would say neither, just not prudent.

August 6th, 2009 at 10:00 pm
Rene' Bute

Char has a good point. You can’t buy ANY car if you don’t have a job. Heck-you can’t buy one even if your credit is shaky at this point. While I think it’s great that we are finally going to do something to get ourselves weaned off of the oil IV that we exist on, it may be too little, too late. If we spend all this money to produce these cars (which John is rigth about-they are already designed-I used to work in the automotive industry) what good have we accomplished if they all just sit in the dealer’s lot?

August 8th, 2009 at 8:45 am
Tara Lilly

I am going to step out on a limb here and offer what to some may be a pretty radical viewpoint. I have great concern over the environmental movement overall, and the agendas behind government and media push for human intervention into “climate change”. Firstly, the science behind it is shaky; there are opposite viewpoints in the scientific community about climate change and human cause, and they are being politically silenced. Most importantly, what does the Bible say? Stewardship of God’s creation is one thing-worship of the earth is quite different. There is a reason that the most hard-core of environmental movements over time have been led by people with atheist worldview. (I was involved once, during a time of rebellion in college I became involved with Green Peace, one of the most God-hating movements I’ve ever seen, Thank God I was rescued out of that!) If a Christian is led by a Biblical worldview, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t see the most basic principle: People matter to God the most, above all. The Bible says the Earth will pass away. It is the souls of each person on earth that our God is concerned with. The more scripture I read, the more convinced I become that this movement is a work of the enemy to divert resources of all kinds away from saving people to “saving the planet” Many Christians I know have become obsessed with “going green” but less and less are concerned with missions. Millions of people around the world are dying without knowing Jesus, but all we want to talk about is our carbon footprint. Where does the Bible say that God is concerned about that? I feel like a lone voice out here, saying no, don’t worry about all of that, take care of people, they are God’s heart.The more money, energy, time, and talk we spend on what we “think” in our limited minds is wrong with the earth, the more the Great Commission is left behind and forgotten.

August 9th, 2009 at 5:02 am
Tara Lilly

An interesting article to read relating to my previous comment post.

August 9th, 2009 at 5:33 am